Wednesday, September 22, 2021

How to play UNO

Here is an explanation of the card game UNO for those of you who don't know how to play. 


Instructions:

1. Shuffle the UNO Cards. Please note this is a 2-4 player game.

2. Deal 5-7 UNO Cards to all the players. 

3. Turn over the first card to see what number and colour starts. If it is a skip a turn (a circle with a line through it) or a change colour card, then choose a different card to start.

UNO cards

- A card with 2 arrows is a reverse. This card only works if there are more than 2 players in a game.

- A card with the colours red, black, white, blue, yellow and green is a change colour card. 

- A card with the same colours of a change colour card and with 2 hands of some UNO cards,  is not only a change colour card but also all the players swap cards with the person that is next to them. It is also known as a swap hands card and is really useful to play if someone else is about to win.

- All other cards have both colours and numbers on them. You have to match either the colour or number to the card already placed on the discard pile. If you have several cards of different colours but the same number, you can play them all at the same time as long as the correct colour is the first one played.

If you can't play a card from your hand, you have to pick up a new card from the draw pile.  

The game finishes when one player has zero cards left in their hand.

I really enjoy playing UNO because it's lots of fun. I like changing the colour so other people can't play. I usually play UNO with my Mum but everyone in our family enjoys it as well.  

What is your favourite card game to play?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Reuben . . . I love Uno and I have played it with you and Charlie. I know you like to change the colour of the playing cards because you have often done it to me, either when we have played together in Alexandra or David and I have visited you in Auckland. You have described the game really well and I particularly like the way you used colour in writing your report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very clear explanation of how to play UNO Reuben, well done! I also love playing games with you as well. Maybe your next blog post can be about the dice game we have learned called Farkle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Reuben,

    Do you know I have never ever played Uno? When we get back, we should play together. After reading your blog, I'm confident I will know how to play because of how well you explained it.

    My favourite games are last card and snap.

    Do you recommend any other card games?

    Looking forward to the next post,
    Miss Laxa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Reuben
    UNO is a fun game. I love your explanation to help people to learn this amazing game.

    After Lockdown we can play it again. You are very good at winning when we play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Reuben,
    I've played UNO before and i actually like it! But in your instructions I learned some tips.Is UNO Your favourite game?

    ReplyDelete