Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Science Experiment

                                              Flinking Challenge


In this flinking challenge I had to fill up the container with dice and water. We started by finding things that would float. Things float with air. A can of sun cream floats, A Red ball floats, a Dice sank to the bottom. I tried the Red small tanker. I tried it with water and without water and it floats. 



In the photo above, I put a bunch of water and dice into the water container. The Special thing about the container is it needed the lid on top so it won't leak.


I enjoyed the part when the container with dice and water sank to the middle of the water bucket.






 


4 comments:

  1. Flinking! Wow, I had not heard of this word before seeing your experiment. Because of you I now understand what it means and how to make it happen. Ka rawe āku tama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your experiment. Looks exciting. We didn’t know about flicking either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reuben this is AMAZING!!! It's awesome to see you getting your whole family involved with the project. It's so cool to see your ideas, problem solving and process to create an object that flinks. I love that you took on this challenge. Ka pai te mahi! You are a scientist in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, David and I love the word "flinking". We enjoyed the videos of watching you experiment. We are impressed at the discoveries you made while doing the experiments about floating or sinking, particularly your comment about needing a lid to keep the water our. Great work.

    ReplyDelete