Thursday, October 28, 2021

My Kaitiakitanga Promise



Kaitiakitanga means we are guardians of the world (earth/land/whenua) we live in.


Why is it important to look after the earth? 


It is important to look after the earth so we and all the animals have somewhere to live, healthy and safe. It is important that we can all have food like fruit and vegetables and oxygen to breathe.


How can we look after the earth? 



1. We can keep the world clean by taking out our rubbish and recycling.


2. Use recycled bags instead of plastic bags when shopping.


3. Plant trees so we can have food and oxygen and so that animals have homes.


4. Don’t throw our rubbish into the sea so sea creatures don’t get sick.


5. Water our plants and flowers.


6.  Feed animals and don’t hurt them. This is also important so native animals won’t be extinct. This is also why we should not overfish or hunt too much.


7. Be kind to each other.


4 comments:

  1. Hello! I love what you said about how we can save our home earth and I agree! We should stop throwing rubbish on the ground and killing so many animals. Maybe you could do a outro next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Reuben, this is so cool. What an amazing writing. You have written cool things to do. I will surely try my best to be a good guardian of the world. I also want to take care of the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Reuben, What a wonderful post! I like how you have explained why is it important to look after earth and how we can do it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Reuben - I do like your Kaitiakitanga Promise. You have written it very thoughtfully. I keep trying to do my best and when it's possible, I do pick up other people's rubbish. Sadly, in the past, adults have not always set the best examples to younger people about caring for the world. I am hoping that as a World, we can all do much better in the future.

    ReplyDelete